Planned gifts combine financial planning, estate planning, and tax planning techniques to enable donors to make gifts of surprising significance.
Gifts by will, gift annuities, and charitable trusts allow donors to provide generous future support for the Schools’ mission. Some of these gifts provide income and tax benefits during the donors' lifetime.
Phoenix Society membership
Lifetime membership to the University's Phoenix Society is extended to individuals who make one or more of the following commitments to the Schools:
- Include the Laboratory Schools in their estate plans
- Create a charitable life-income arrangement to benefit the Schools
- Name Lab as a beneficiary of retirement assets or life insurance
- Donate a personal residence or a vacation home to the Schools and reserve a life estate
There is no minimum gift amount required for membership in the Phoenix Society.
Phoenix Society Benefits
As a member of the Phoenix Society, you will receive:
- A special memento
- Invitations to exclusive University events
- Complimentary admission to Harper Lectures
- Recognition in an annual honor roll (unless anonymity is requested)
- Personalized assistance from gift planning professionals